Thursday, November 1, 2012

Banzai! Bunzo!

The challenge this week from the Diva is to use the new tangle Bunzo, from Maria Thomas. I love the look of Bunzo and I find it fun and easy to do. I usually can't resist adding highlights!

Bunzo is also my first effort for Art Every Day Month. I'm participating again this year, and again I plan to do a Zentangle tile every day and to use at least one tangle that's unfamiliar.  AEDM was started a decade ago by Leah Pinken Kolidas who writes,
"I encourage people to make something every day, but my goal is to foster more creativity, so if you make just one piece of art per week or just one for the whole month, that's fine with me. The idea is to bring more creativity into your life, not to make you feel overwhelmed, pressured or guilt-stricken." 
You can read more about AEDM here, and sign up to join in this year. (It doesn't matter if you've stumbled on this after November 1).
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Bunzo, Tidings, and spirals

On the one below, I also used white ink and it's one of the few times I've been happy with the results!
Tangles: Bunzo, Caviar, Crescent Moon, Printemps, and spirals

17 comments:

  1. Both are great. #2 is my favorite. It is very attractive, and my eyes are withdrawn to it to take better looks, to see all the details even if you have used not so many different tangles it looks like an enourmas amount of different tangles. Great shading as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. love the balance of patterns in these tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both great, the hifhlights work really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are wonderful. You have such a talent for this! What pens did you use for the white ink over the black ink? I'm curious how that was done, since it looks like to used a zentangle tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Barbara, they're done on official Zentangle tiles. I used a Sakura Gelly Roll whit pen, works wonderfully but needs a VERY light touch.

      Delete
  5. Margaret, as always, I see your tiles and am inspired to do another one. The juxtaposition of bunzo and repetitive circular patterns is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just get lost in those tiles - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes are happy looking all around these tiles. Especially the second one. Great shaping and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the second one. Love the way that Bunzo oozes through the tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunzo tiles are absolutely amazing. I love how they flow among the other tangles you've chosen. I also love the idea of AEDM. I'm going to join you!

    ReplyDelete