|"Tangled Trees" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner|
You can see some of the first tiles here. I just kept going and did many more tiles that could be taken for trunks and branches. Each tile was done individually, without consideration for how, or if, it would link with another tile. Once I had a small stack of tiles completed - probably about 50 - I began to arrange them.
I placed fuller, 'heavier' ones at the bottom, getting lighter going up. I didn't want everything to match spot on. It's more interesting with some breaks and gaps. However, some of the gaps were too much. In those cases I added more tangles, sometimes in gray so they'd seem to be more in the background.
|Arranging the paper tiles.|
|This tile is in the bottom row, third from the left.|
|This tile is in the third row, third from the left.|
|My little corner of the art show and sale. I sold 23 pieces!|
I'm thinking of another forest, maybe in browns.