Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wheee! Color!

I've been having fun with some watercolor-y additions to my zentangle art. I use colored pencil for extra shading.

I call this one "Ararat Village" because to me it looks like where Noah's family might have settled after the flood, what with the rainbow colors and all. :)
Tangles: Crezn't, Florz, Flux, Knightsbridge,
N'zeppel, Opus, Sindoo, Tagh, Zedbra
"Ararat Village" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner

In "Block Party" I barely used ink on the buildings. I wanted to keep them soft with just wash and pencil. I used hearts instead of half-circles in Ixorus, and also used white ink and gray inks.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Dex, Ixorus, Opus, Tipple
"Block Party" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner

I think I may have overworked this one; there's something that's still not satisfying about it.
Tangles: Afterglo, Black Pearlz, Knase, N'zeppel,
Paisley Boa, and a brick pattern
"Arabian Nights" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner

At first I thought this might be three rooftops, but it just wasn't saying "roofs" to me. Then I realized it looked vaguely like church windows. Well, that's different! This is another 'leaky pen border' tile.
Tangles: Dex, Diva Dance, Flukes, N'zeppel,
Pearlz, Snail, Tagh, Wud, Zewm, and a brick pattern

"Old Church" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner
Hearts showed up again in this tile that began as pen-testing and brush-cleaning paper.
Tangles: Bunzo, Diva Dance, Pearlz, Printemps, Puffle, Tipple, Zedbra
"It Takes All Kinds" (c) 2013 Margaret Bremner

7 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your houses! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the houses! The tile with the "leaky pen border" has a Halloween feel to it. I am partial to hearts...love them, and this last tile with so many heart shapes and so much color is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are gorgeous! I love your way of coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a newly minted CZT (CZTXII) I find great inspiration in your work. I also love houses( I used to paint houses on rocks) but haven't tried any ZIA using them yet. I think you should make a book of just your Zentangles and ZIA's, not to mention your amazing zendalas. Really loved this post with the soft watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I have a few book ideas swirling around my brain; thanks for the encouragement! And congratulations and welcome!

      Delete
  5. WOW,all paintings are fantastic,love the color and doodeling,georgus.

    Greetings Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am particularly fond of the houses motif... amazing!

    ReplyDelete