Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Surprise, surprise!

I often begin work with a random colored or gray wash, let it dry, and then look at it various ways trying to see what's in there. Sometimes I do a wash that could develop into a house or a tree, other times I leave it more open. That's when the surprises come!

Here are some recent "Oh, that's what it is!" pieces.
"Koi Pond"
(c) 2015 Margaret Bremner
3.5" square zentangle tile

Acrylic wash, colored ink, colored pencils
Tangles: Floo, Seljuk, Tipple
"Distant Dragon"
(c) 2015 Margaret Bremner
3.5" square zentangle tile

Acrylic wash, colored ink, colored pencils
Tangles: Chebucto, Croon, Dex, Flukes, Narwal,
'Nzeppel, Romanancy, Tagh
"Among the Ruins"
(c) 2015 Margaret Bremner
3.5" square zentangle tile
Acrylic wash, colored ink, colored pencils
Tangles: Crescent Moon, Emingle, Featherfall, Narwal,'Nzeppel
"Baobab"
(c) 2015 Margaret Bremner
3.5" square zentangle tile
Acrylic wash, black and colored ink, colored pencils
Tangles: Diva Dance, Knightsbridge, Pearlz, Seljuk
These will be mounted on canvas, painted around, and able to hang on a wall.

12 comments:

  1. Your creativity & talent seem to be boundless Margaret. I always look forward to seeing the work you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Margaret! You just keep on impressing me! These are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to work. They have turned out perfectly. My favourite is Among the Ruins as living in Ireland it is just like the ruined monasteries here abouts. Your wibbly wobbly houses are always a delight to see and now we have a Koi pond to go with them, and the roots of a tree. You could make a complete village out of your tiles by fitting them together like a jigsaw (or ensemble :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, I assumed you were in Yorkshire! I would so love to visit Ireland. Someday...

      I'm guessing that you're thinking Baobab is tree roots. Not so. :) Baobab trees are amazing to me (never seen a real one). They seem to have very smooth, very solid-looking, large trunks, and a little 'poof' of branches and leaves at the top. So interesting!

      Delete
  4. These are all so fanciful and delightful, but the Koi Pond is the most special to me. I so enjoy your artistic heart and mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! those are all so beautiful. I love the compositions and how you sort of let it evolve;-) Your work is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zippity do dah!! I thinking dreamy, exotic, divine, sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing. I love the Distant Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margaret, you always inspire me! I learned about "shaving cream marbling" recently and tried tangling on top. I can always at least aspire to becoming as wonderful as you. You might be interested in the technique SeaLemon demonstrates well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6dfkTIqCqo
    Again thank you as always for sharing - Jewel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jewel! I've heard of the shaving cream marbling and I like the results I've seen.
      I'm leery of the non-archival qualities of the medium, and because I sell a fair amount of my work I don't want a customer to get something that will fade or change color in the near future.

      Delete