Tuesday, May 31, 2011

30 Days of Creativity


STARTS JUNE 1!!!

Your brain is a muscle; when you exercise it, it gets stronger.

30 Days of Creativity is a social initiative to encourage people to create things - anything - every day for the 30 days in June. Check out the website here.

I heard about this a while ago, and was recently reminded about it by my eldest daughter. As far as art goes, I do something creative pretty much every day. I'm thinking it might be interesting to try some other creative endeavors... but what exactly?

I used to enjoy concocting things in the kitchen, but three or four years ago my inner cook went on vacation and hasn't returned. A few days ago I planted some bedding plants. Put me and gardening together and that's about as creative as it gets. 

Maybe I'll just stick to the studio. There are certainly plenty of projects waiting there. (I'm beginning to feel rather un-creative when it comes to being creative!) I'm not promising anything. We'll see what happens. In any case, it's always a good idea to keep creativity in mind.


DO YOU WANT TO JOIN IN?

Here's how to share your creations:
1. On Twitter: Follow #30daysofcreativity on Twitter. Send an @ reply to @createstuff to let them know you want to participate. Say simply, "I pledge to create something every day for 30 days in a row."
2. By e-mail: Share your creations with everyone via the website. E-mail to submit@30daysofcreativity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment