Wednesday, November 22, 2017

VEEZE - a new tangle

Tangles: Drupe, Veeze, and Drupe-y stripes
Veeze is a very simple pattern, related to Static, Jonqal, and all the tangles that begin with a series of zigzags. It's a nice background tangle to go with something more intricate or bold. It was inspired by this upholstery.

You can probably figure it out yourself, but here are the steps for Veeze:
It's easy to add variations.
Tangles: My-Swing, Pearlz, Prestwood variation, Tipple, Veeze
I have some water-soluable color pencils and there are two blacks which are very different - ink black and ivory black - but I can never remember which is warm and which is cool. So I lightly wrote the two words, with the appropriate pencil, on a tile and washed them out. Then I tangled so the words were still legible. Now I have a sample; ink black is warm and ivory black is cool. And I did Veeze in the background.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Crescent Moon, Gneiss,
Pearlz, Printemps, Tripoli, Veeze, and Auras

7 comments:

  1. Great tangle Margaret - simple, versatile and something a bit different. I'll have fun playing. Thanks for sharing. I like the Ivory Black colour too - might have to get one of those pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tangle! I look forward to playing and using it soon and thank you for sharing it! Also, thank you so much for your very easy to understand directions in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tangle! Love the simplicity and the geometric possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Margaret- what a stunning sipmle and lovely tangle! I am going to try it soon! Such a lot of possible variations... thank you for sharing (.... and for the beautiful combination with MySwing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret, I like the variations that can be done with this tangle. I also liked Cadox. Cadent is a favorite of mine and it is interesting to see what others do with it.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful what you can do with your Veeze, I like the combinations of Veeze with other tangles very much!

    ReplyDelete