Monday, February 7, 2011

ZEDBRA tangle instructions

Of the eight Certified Zentangle Teachers (CZTs) in Canada, two of us are in Saskatoon. Go figure. Laura Harms and I didn't know each other until we met at the CZT training in Whitinsville in May 2010. That autumn we offered an all-day zentangle workshop.

'Z' in American is pronounced 'zee'. 'Z' in Canadian is pronounced 'zed'. This tangle pattern is black and white and stripey, like a zebra. Or for fun, not zeeebra but ZED-BRA.  It was a collaborative effort, named by Laura and designed my me. See Zedbra on one of my zentangle tiles here (the second last tile). See Zedbra on one of Laura's zentangle tiles here (with highlights, which she does much better than I!).

(Personally, I think of myself as a "See Zee Tee" - it rolls off the tongue more nicely.)

14 comments:

  1. So if one sees hoofprints, one should look for hordses, not zedbras? Sorry. Couldn't resist, lol! I just love this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Just stumbled over this great pattern.

      So many tanglable animals around, e.g.

      dawgs (for posh Brits)

      deeries (for affectionate game hunters)

      tiggers (for Pooh Bear enthusiasts)

      Delete
    2. Love your "hordses", Molossus!
      Faith: "Deeries" should only used for affectionate PHOTOGRAPHER game hunters!

      Delete
  2. Love your tangle, it's beautiful and fun! Great pattern to add to my arsenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this at lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so simple, and oh so very LOVELY!!! thanks alot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is luverly. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the instructions awesome "OH by the way your not alone, it is "Zed" not zee like on "Sesame Street" even over here in Kiwi land LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on this terrific tangle...it really rocks. Another fantastic canuck invention!
    Oh, and by the way, in Australia we say zee or zed...LOL...no prejudice Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It fills any spot up nicely! I too love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We say zed and zee in Britain too, depending on which school you went to I think lol. I like this pattern. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, what a great, simple tangle to add to my list of fillers! And in my part of Australia we only say zed, zee is for US people, so it was nice to see your zedbra tangle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me want to laugh for some reason. :>D. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete