Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday tiles - more Hi-C's & Plaited

Last week I tried two new tangles. I've been doing more with Hi-C's and Plaited  - so this Monday's tiles feature those.

In this first tile I did Hi-C's and tried different things with it. In the first tile I did it in a square (as in the drawing instructions) in the upper left and a triangle in the lower right; also in two other triangles below the square. I discovered that it works nicely in a triangle shape too!
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Hi-C's, Knase (sort of), Paradox, Zedbra

The next was done with a 2-pencil string. You can see more about that method here (and more if you check the Labels list on the left of the blog). Here I left the ribbon areas blank and filled the background. I filled all the areas of Hi-C's with thin black spikes.

Tangles: Baton, Hi-C's, Tipple, Undine.
This began with a 2-pencil string.

Finally, Plaited. It took a few tries but I think I've got the hang of it! That in spite of the booboo in the lower right. Shading is also great for partially hiding things.  :-)

Tangles: Crescent Moon, Fleurette, Plaited, Tipple.
This began with a blind string.

3 comments:

  1. Once again you treat us to some beautiful tiles. I look forward to your special posts every Monday morning, a great way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and visit often. Recently, some of us have decided to pay forward the enjoyment we get from others, so I have included you in my list of folks to be awarded. You can see the details at http://byrds-words.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for your blog. It inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tangle so beautifully like Maria does! Your line work is so graceful! I would love to watch you at work sometime! I like the Hi-C in the triangle form. Thanks for being adventurous and trying this!
    Aloha, Andrea

    ReplyDelete