Friday, June 10, 2011

2-pencil strings

I've been using that 2-pencil string idea I posted about a while ago. That's what gives the ribbony effect in these tiles. In the first, I tried Marasu with dots in the stripes, but I don't like it much. I think the coiled spiral effect is largely lost.

Tangles: Diamond Panes, Florz, Marasu, black Pearlz, Strircles

I really like this next one! I think it looks like a tunnel or a vortex of some sort. At one point I was trying to coil a dark and a light spiral together. It didn't work, but I like it anyway. Notice Marasu in the center. It looks different with just stripes, doesn't it?

Tangles: Coaster, Coil, Finery, Hollibaugh, Marasu, Strircles, Zander

I'm finally getting around to using white on black! I also tried out something I've seen a few times recently. Here, it resembles Daniele O'Brien's Zen Buds, but this is less floral and looks more like paper scrolls.

Tangles: Crescent Moon, Inapod, Puf, Tipple, paper-scrolly thing



1 comment: