Friday, November 30, 2012

AEDM 30: out with a bang! Ganesha

I've seen a few Ganesha zentangle posts recently and wondered what was going on. It turns out that Dilip Patel, on his blog, has asked for contributions to a collection of 100 Zentangle tiles with images of Ganesha, the Hindu elephant-head god and Remover of Obstacles.

I searched the net for "Ganesha line drawings" and came across a round one. Just had to do that on a round tile. I read that the color associated with Ganesha is red, for the sacral chakra. I also wanted to include the 'OM' symbol because it, too, is Hindu; then I discovered that Om is associated with Ganesha! He's supposed to have four arms but this image only had two and I wasn't about to try to change it. I used the occasion to indulge in glitter ink and gems!

I'm not sure if the round tile will work in Dilip's project, but here it is.
Tangles: Copada, Emingle, Florez, Florz, Knightsbridge, Marasu, Zewm
and elements of Tripoli and Finery

8 comments:

  1. What a great co-incidence! A few hours ago I posted on Diva's challenge my wish list, and you are one of them,from whom I desired a Z-Ganesha, and I wake up (yes, it is morning now in India)to see this stunningly beautiful one. Thank you so much. You have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! That's one happy Ganesha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, your Ganesha is stunning!! Dilip must be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red Ganesha tile. So beautiful. And how timely for Dilip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous zentangle, looks great with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your's turned out super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Margaret!!!! It is impressive to me that you stuck to you Zentangle a day for an entire month. Your Ganesha tile is just lovely and delightful! Thanks for continuing to inspire us all!!!

    ReplyDelete