Wednesday, November 7, 2012

AEDM day 7 - Seljuk

Seljuk is one of my own tangles. One thing I like about it is that it can have a rather random-looking dark/light aspect, even though the pattern is not at all random. A while ago I had started one of Erin Olsen's zendala dares (#25) and then got stuck. Seljuk unstuck me.
Tangles: Auraknot, Black Pearlz, Caviar, Pearlz, Seljuk

I'm particularly pleased with how the next tile turned out. The shading did a lot.
Tangles: Bunzo, Florz, Knase, Knightsbridge Aura, Printemps, Seljuk, Tipple

3 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful tile. How ever did you accomplish the woven star in the middle... I can see the first bar but then I lose the progression. I will study on it some more! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eden, it's a fairly regular version of a recent tangle from Rick and Maria at Zentangle. It's called Auraknot and you can see how to do it here: http://zentangle.blogspot.ca/2012/07/auraknot.html
      Have fun!

      Delete
  2. The zendala is particularly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete