Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chez Amanda

A challenge for Earth Day, or Amanda as Laura the DivaCZT's son likes to call the little blue planet. In my blog post about some postcards I'd made for an Earth Day swap I mentioned how I'm awed by the immensity of space and our tiny planet in it. A little blue dot. I went with that concept again. First, a view of us from 'way out there somewhere. I can't take credit for that lovely three-sphere layout idea; that's Maria's, here.
Tangles: Jemz, (a varied and very unexpected version of) Kuke, Tipple

Then I thought of leaving Earth in a spaceship, with those doors and windows that close the way a camera shutter does. (My husband's been watching Star Trek lately; I wonder if that had anything to do with it?) I used a mandala template (#51) from Erin, the Bright Owl.
Tangles: oddly, not many really, if any, but there are elements of Baton, Cubine,
even Y-not (or Etcher) and Msst
I wonder if Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, under new management might be renamed Chez Amanda.

1 comment: