Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Circular tangles as mandala centers (#2)

Here are more Zentangle-inspired mandalas using an apple corer as a simple mandala template and some of the many circular tangles as centers.

At the center: Undiala
Other tangles: Black Pearlz, Paradox, Striping (sort of)

In the next one I repeated some of the center elements at the outer edge. This can provide more cohesion and unity.

At the center: Daggerly
Other tangles: Beadlines, Black Pearlz, (Munchin), Pearlz, Tipple

Much as I love the tangle Fengle, I'm not sure it was a good choice here. Cubine doesn't look very Cubine-ish at all, and Cirqital is too straight. Oh well, it's all an experiment!

At the center: Cirqital (a bit too straight)
Other tangles: Cubine, Fengle

(Done in sepia on Ingres paper with a 05 pen.)

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring. I keep meaning to try one and don't remember again til I see your wonderful samples. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running to my apple slicer thingy right now! Can't wait to try this!
    I love how great you are @ selecting the perfect tangle for each section.
    You definitely inspire me~

    ReplyDelete