Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CROON - a new tangle!

This idea popped into my head one morning: circles with a crescent moon shape on one side and the non-moon shape filled with something and a black background. Since there is already tangle called Crescent Moon (one of my favorites) I mashed the words together and came up with Croon. It's quite a simple tangle pattern with some careful blacking in.

I think the variation above has a 'seed pod' look about it.
Shading can be added on the inside edge of the non-crescent part. 

Here's Croon at work. On both tiles I've added a few tiny white circles amongst the "croons". Makes it a bit more outer spacey. It would be fun to mix Croon and Suzanne McNeill's Moon Rocks (scroll down).
Tangles: Beadlines, Croon, Keenees, Knase,
Not-a-Knot, Paradox, Tipple, Tripoli, Zedbra
In the next tile I used both the original Croon and the variation shown in the drawing instructions.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Croon, Knase, Paradox, Screen, Yale

8 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret,
    Again a nice pattern from your hand and beautiful tiles were it was used.
    Do you know your blog is not complete since the day Fibonacci appeared. There is no information to the left and right and the Fibonacci post is the oldest that can be seen.
    Maria Vennekens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maria. I've checked the blog on another computer and it seems to be fine. But I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Margaret, you are so awesome and this new pattern is lovely and has great possibilities!

    Your ears must be burning, as I just taught a weekend workshop and encouraged all of them to subscribe to your blog!

    You make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I love your blog and Zentangle art. You're one of my go-to blogs.
    I'm having the same problem as Maria -- no blog prior to the Fibonacci picture and no side info. And I'm really curious why you put his picture up and if you said anything about Fibonacci. It blew me away when I saw the picture on your blog as I'd just been reading about The Fibonacci Sequence in a fiber art design book and again it comes home that math is art and art is math...
    Hope you find and solve the blog problem.
    Martha Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  5. A week or so ago I began a blog overhaul. Then my computer froze. I wonder if that has anything to do with some people not seeing anything before Fibonacci?

    Yes, Martha, there is a post to go along with the picture of Fibonacci. Also a lovely video about the Fibonacci sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is heaps of fun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tangle and what you've done with it!

    ReplyDelete