Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bales

This week Laura has challenged us to use the tangle Bales and explore variations of it. The shapes in Bales often remind me of leaves, so leaves crept into my tiles this week. I also seemed to really get into doing extensions, or arcs, or Auras, around the 'leaf' shapes.

The first tile here is actually my third go at it, but I think it shows a number of possible variations better than the others. On the left side I tried using Bales with triangles. I cheated slightly and also used some Black Pearlz (can't resist those!) and a wee bit of Beadlines.

This is the first one I did. I had a couple of tiles with an irregular, square-grid-ish string and they looked good for this challenge.

I also wanted to try Bales in a circle. I found a round tile on which I'd drawn one of Erin the Bright Owl's mandala templates (#41).

No comments:

Post a Comment