Sunday, June 22, 2014

WINDFARM - a new tangle!

Tangles: Crescent Moon, Tipple, Windfarm,
and Windfarm with Rounding
Or is it a variation? Oh well, I've given it a name. This is another of the Hollibaugh variations I was to share at Tangle U 2014. The first is a tangle I now call Morse. One of the people I showed this to said that it looked like modern windmills so Windfarm it is.
The Rolling Hills Wind Project in southwest Iowa.

This tangle begins with a long-armed 'Y' which then has an Aura on either side. Add another Y and aura it too. Some of the arms of the 'Y's will need to go under previous arms. Here's the how-to:
You may want to add a single 'arm' to fill a corner. Remember to shade it! Just as you would with Hollibaugh, all the parts that seem to be going 'under' get shading.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, N'zeppl, Windfarm plus stripes and leaves.
(That 'flower' on the left appeared when I turned
the tile around, so I added leaves!)
BTW: It's getting harder and harder to keep track of tangles and names. If this pattern has been presented elsewhere, or if the name has been used already, please let me know!

11 comments:

  1. Yes windfarm does deserve it's own name! I am off to play thanks it looks splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - it's so "very Prairie"!
    Just how DOES one find out if they've come up with a new tangle, or if it's already out there?
    I've been playing around with something I don't think I've seen before, but I have no idea how to find out if it's been done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! You could post a picture/name to the CZT Facebook site and ask if anyone's seen it before. People have done that in the past.

      Delete
  3. I love this Margaret! I'm always looking for backgrounds that can easily be varied for contrast and scale. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Margaret! Aren't you clever? I so enjoy your ideas!!!!!! Thanks so much for your generosity. I've learned so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! going to try it out tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful pattern. Thanks.

    Georgi Klein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret, wouldn't this be a great tangle to teach on a second tile of a Basics Class? Hollibaugh on the first and follow up with this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Margaret! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous tangle, Margaret. I like it much better than Hollybaugh! I think it would be easier to do because it does have a basic shape to it - I find the sheer randomness of Hollybaugh makes it much less relaxing to do. Windfarm is a great name for it! I shall definitely be adding this one to my "how to" Zentangle album!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one really tickles. Can't wait to try it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete