Saturday, February 6, 2016

Molygon

There is a fun new tangle from Zentangle and it's the challenge from the Diva this week. You can find step-outs for Molygon on the DivaCZT's blog here. The how-to was available to CZTs for about a month before it was shared publicly, so I had done a few tiles before the Diva issued her challenge.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Molygon, Tipple, Tripoli
The shapes of Molygon struck me as being somewhat feather-like, so I tried doing a feathery Molygon tile. I needed to separate off a bit of one end to accommodate the quill part of the feather.
Tangles: Molygon, Pearlz, Tipple
The shapes are also reminiscent of bananas. :)
Tangles: Beadlines, Crescent Moon, Molygon, Pearlz
And one more, for good measure. I used gray ink in a few places.
Tangles: Crescent Moon, Molygon, Parabola, Pearlz, Sindoo

13 comments:

  1. Interesting designs from the same tangle pattern, which makes Zentangle so much fun. I have to say your second design, feathers, is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, I had to laugh at the banana one :-D They are all great, but I especially like the feather one and the Renaissance colours really suit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tiles. The more I see of molygon the more i am amazed about the endless possibilities of this tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful but I love the one that looks like feathers 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your tiles! They look like so much fun to do and as always very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay bananas! hahahaha...but my favorite is the feather looking one. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feathers, and the bananas, beautiful creativity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about the feathery Molygon. Beautiful. I love feathers. But they are all wonderful. I knew yours would be wonderful. You are such an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You showed some great variations. I really like the feathers. I admit I chuckled a little when I saw the yellow ones. Did not think of bananas. As usual, your shading adds so much to the tile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all beautiful Margaret. I can't decide whether I like the feathers or the bananas best. The first thing I imagined when I saw the stepouts for this tangle was bananas, so it is fun to see them all colored up like bananas. Love all the variations that you came up with and that's one of the reasons I love visiting your blog. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lezli! I didn't see bananas at first, but many people did.

      Delete
  11. Bananas, feathers--so much fun! I think the first tile is my favorite. I love leaving Molygon empty.

    ReplyDelete