Further explorations of creating agate using Zentangle's Auras.
Having done a green wash for the malachite, I tried a red wash over an eco-dyed image of maple leaves. The wash ended up rather pink so I used a lot of red pens. I fear it's a bit too much!
|Original art is 6"x8"|
Some paper that I eco-dyed was a little too flimsy and corners fell off! Undaunted, I remembered 'no mistakes, just opportunities' and thought about how I could use this 'oops'. I'm delighted with the result!
The paper is mounted on birch board. The corners are actually quite black and there is sparkle paint at the centers where there would be crystals in a geode. Below the finished piece is a photo of how it began, and a photo showing how I painted the sides.
|Original art is 8"x6"|
This went in a very different direction! Less realistic, wildly colorful, and quite a variety of centers.
|Original art is 12"x9"|
Here's a detail photo... because it IS very detailed!