Friday, August 30, 2019

Project Pack #6: Part 1

Zentangle recently released its sixth project pack and I thoroughly enjoyed it! (In fact, I haven't finished yet.) The pack includes the various pens and other tools you'll use as well as a charming little 'journal' to work in. Each journal page, while mainly white paper, has a black ink "spill" to work with. The video lessons are available on YouTube. To order your own project pack, go here.

This project honors the 'no mistakes' philosophy of Zentangle. From the Zentangle website:
The "No Mistakes" philosophy has been an integral part of the Zentangle Method since it’s beginning. "No Mistakes" is a mantra we use in our Zentangle practice that allows us to see every line as an opportunity... Whether intentional or not, with this perspective, one can learn to see beauty and potential in whatever mark we make and whatever path our artistic journey takes. 
This seems like an appropriate time to share the first page of my little journal, although it was done after several other pages were completed.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Pearlz, Striping with a twist, Sprouts, Zonked, and Auras
DAY 1
Maria draws Mooka and Crescent Moon; I used Icantoo and Paizel - organic forms flowing over the border between white and black.
Tangles: Icantoo, Paizel, Printemps
DAY 2
Rick draws Arukas, again flowing back and forth between black and white. I chose to use the curvy lines of the black ink 'stain' rather than straight lines. And I had a perfect opportunity to include a yin-yang symbol!
Tangles: Arukas, Black Pearlz, Msst
DAY 3
Martha draws Pearlz with Rounding between each pearl, such a lovely variation. She also does Ennies in a spiral over the black and the white sections. For some reason, I did these on different pages.
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Morse, Pearlz
Tangles: Black Pearlz, Ennies, Sprouts
Stay tuned over the next little while for more of my journal pages. 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Margaret! What a fun project pack this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journals are such perfection. Makes me sigh with wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see your responses to the latest PP. I'm glad I'm not the only one who deviated with their design. I particularly love your organic Day 1 and the way the pearl strings played with Morse.

    ReplyDelete