I've been working in this book for quite some time, adding a page now and then whenever I'm inspired.
I was enchanted by results I'd seen of Eni Oken's Dragons class. I purchased it, tried a few smaller pieces, and some time later did this drawing. Great fun!
Neurographic drawing caught my fancy, being a random-looking type of pen-and-ink drawing. I watched a video lesson by a certified neurographic drawing instructor and followed along. Of course, at some point I had to incorporate Zentangle patterns! I'd done this on a sheet of paper so I trimmed it slightly and glued it onto the front endpaper, bordered with washi tape.
The offset grid squares pattern of Brix Box or Reticulous is quite fascinating. I experimented to see what could be done with triangles and ended up calling this new tangle Cantire. This page in my Book combines both the square tangle and the triangular one.
For previous Book pages, check these posts:
- How it began
- Next steps
- Inserting an eco-dyed paper
- Back cover, an alphabet, gems and paisley
- Celtic-style tangles, and W2
- Frontispiece and photos of my grandmother
- Space junk
- A sunflower, and the flower of life
- Knightsbridge and magic squares
- More space junk
- For now
- Mongolian roofs
- Cubine and Fassett
- An 'oops' page
- Inspired by Project Pack 7
- Four more pages: twisted striping, and borders
- Three more pages: leaves, tea, and spirals
- A month of joy