Wednesday, September 29, 2021

My Book is nearing the end

Here are some of the final pages in my non-journal/non-sketchbook. 

The Garry oak is native to this part of the world, and I used a leaf from a tree near me to prepare four 'starts' in a collaborative project. I did another in my Book, more or less duplicating what I did for the collaboration.

Over the past decade or so I've depicted many onion domes and wanted to include these in my Book. I couldn't decide which of the three crescent moon shapes to include, so I included all of them and have called this piece The Passage of the Moon.

I took an online class from María Továr about drawing droplets (or "zengotas") with reflections. Of course, I had to include that in my book, too. This is on the inside front cover (I'm filling all possible places!) The photo is a bit too bright.


I have something quite special planned for a final two-page spread, something I've never tried before!

*********

For previous Book pages, check these posts:

  1. How it began
  2. Next steps
  3. Inserting an eco-dyed paper
  4. Back cover, an alphabet, gems and paisley
  5. Hexagons
  6. Celtic-style tangles, and W2
  7. Frontispiece and photos of my grandmother
  8. Space junk
  9. A sunflower, and the flower of life
  10. Knightsbridge and magic squares
  11. More space junk
  12. For now
  13. Mongolian roofs
  14. Cubine and Fassett
  15. Nautilus
  16. Notanical - combining Notan and botanical imagery
  17. An 'oops' page
  18. Inspired by Project Pack 7
  19. Four more pages: twisted striping, and borders
  20. Three more pages: leaves, tea, and spirals
  21. A month of joy
  22. A few more pages in my marvelous book: a dragon, neurographic drawing, and BrixBox/Cantire
  23. Five more Book pages: Salt, Morrisseau, found text, flowers, and more
  24. My Book is filling up: elephants, a dinner table, and map tangling

No comments:

Post a Comment